Being a non-vegetarian and a good cook.. I always try new dishes, I like to cook my dishes with different variations and today’s recipe is one of my favourite dish which is very mouth watering and also hit in my family.
8-10 pieces of Tilapia fish(or 2 fish)cut into medium size pieces
3-4 garlic cloves
1 Inch of Ginger
1 1/2 Tsp turmeric
1/2 Tsp Asefoetida (hing)
2 Tbsp Tamarind paste
2 Tbsp Cumin Coriander powder
2 Tsp coriander leaves
2 Tbsp Red chilli powder
1 Tbsp or Salt as per taste
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp oil
Clean and wash pieces of fish , drain all water and keep aside in stainer as remaining water will be drain. In while make a fine paste using ginger, garlic, tamarind, cumin-coriander powder, coriander leaves, red chilli powder.
In a bowl, take the fish add turmeric, salt and asefoetida and mix well. Now add the paste and apply on all pieces, sprinkle Corn starch and toss the fish(try to cover all pieces). Set aside for 30 min or more.
In a frying pan heat oil on medium high, now place the pieces carefully and shallow fry them for 10 min on medium heat, change the sides and fry again for 10-12 min. fry them from all sides, after done keep it on very low heat for 5-10 min for crispiness .
Garnish with Coriander leaves, onion. Sprinkle some lemon juice and serve hot.
1) You can use any fish like Cat fish, Rawas, Pomfret, Surmai.
2) dont cut too thin pieces as it will break at the time of frying.
3) You can increase the quantity of paste, increasing ingredients if you like!
4) Make sure the oil heats enough, if it will cold(or not heated enough)… fish will soak the oil, and also will break when you try to change the sides.
5) If you have small pan, fry them in 2-3 batches.