This chutney is perfect for the hot/spicy lovers…………
This is the heirloom recipe of my home. We love spicy food in my parents home.. everyone loves Mirchicha thecha. My husband is not a spicy lover and I love spicy food, so I always make this Thecha, so I can fulfill my cravings for spicy food.
8-9 Green chillies
4-5 Garlic Cloves(Cleaned randomly)
1 Tbsp coriander(finely chopped)
2-3 Tbsp Oil
salt as per taste
Roast green chilies in a pan on medium heat for a minute, keep stirring. Add oil, add garlic and roast together till chilies get brown spots and become little soft. Now shift them in mortar and pestle, add salt and crush it coarsely.
Add chopped coriander and remaining oil and mix well.
Thecha is ready to be served…..Enjoy with bajarichi bhakri and onion. 🙂
1) Do not burn green chilies.
2) Do not clean garlic cloves completely, keep the skin eventually.
3)If you have crystal salt then add it to thecha, it will add more flavor and will taste awesome.
4) If you do not have mortar and pestle , you can crush everything directly on the pan using steel glass or anything with the flat bottom but please cover your nose as it will create spicy/hot aroma which will create kick in your nose and will make you cough.
5) It is easy to crush everything while its hot.
6) You can use mixture/blender to make paste, but I bet it won’t taste that good as hand crushed thecha tastes.